Friday 11 May 2012

I AM ME, Who are you?



Who am I? An outcast to society. I am looked down on and scoffed at because of my sexuality. When will it end? These questions perplexed me on a daily basis.

Growing up in a country is not easy at all as being a homosexual is proven to be a tedious task. Just to get by, I am expected to behave in a particular way. This includes, walking like a man, having a rough, husky voice, portraying to be a ‘gangsta’ as we might put it. But this just was not me. I wasn’t made for this. My walk and my voice were rather feminine, and as for me being gangster, it was the total opposite.
‘Sissy’, ‘Girl boy’, ‘Fish’, ‘Queer’, ‘Battyman’ are some of the labels that are plastered on me on a daily basis. As much as I tried to tough it out, I was broken on the inside. Everywhere I turned; there was someone to put me down because of who I am. I endured many sleepless nights, and have shed rivers of tears. I would ask myself why I had to suffer like this while confronting the challenges I faced.

My long journey to self-acceptance started with one step. I deep thought I’d pondered how I’d get over all these negative attacks. Many people struggle to accept people like me, but it has been just as hard for me to accept that I was different.  It took me a very long time to accept myself and love me for who I am – Gay.
We are different, and we should be proud of who we are. It is good to be different, embrace yourself, and sit and watch all the positive outcomes flow. What is the point of life is there are limitations?  Once we learn to accept ourselves for who we truly are, we’ll find out that life only gets better. I did it, so you can too.

Kiing S.S.

10 comments:

  1. Group Multifaceted
    well i believe that one should be themselves no matter what daggers society flings at u>>>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Group Multifaceted
    Society will never change>> they will always have their values held dear>> we just have to stay true to ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seems to understand why people treat gays differently from other people. Gays are normal feel pain just like anyone else. They laugh and cry etc just like straight people, So they should be treated equally. The only difference is that they date ppl of the same sex but that does not take about their human characteristics and their rights as citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant seems to understand why there is a differentiation sine we are possessive of the same characteristics of what makes up human.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BADDAZ (multifaceted)12 May 2012 at 10:56

    we are the ones who should ensure that the society accept our behavior and behave appropriately for them to accept us and be unified .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Deflector - Rule212 May 2012 at 21:06

    Brap Brap! YASS, Its a bullshit World out there, but the in initiating change we must first start with ourselves, love ourselves!!! #Loveyuhselfposse

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Deflector - Rule212 May 2012 at 21:47

    I'll be the catalyst publicising this message!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MSMs are most at risk for STIs and HIV13 May 2012 at 10:43

    Great to see that so many people have also learnt how to love them self and their opinion over others, it's a good look! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divo - Five Precious Stones7 July 2012 at 16:25

    This is a good outline of the average life of most MSMs in Jamiaca. Many persons can read, relate and hopefully achieve that well needed catharsis

    ReplyDelete
  10. we are strong we are powerful we are invincible. WHY? because we know the SECRET of the universe and how it works. ASK , BELIEVE AND RECEIVE , IT IS YOURS . I encourage you all to use the secret and empower your self's with unlimited power

    ReplyDelete